A Survey on Elders and Aging in a Cash-Economy- Period 2
Thank You for taking a few minutes to answer the following questions. We are trying to understand how we perceive older people in our world. Please approach the questions in a thoughtful manner and answer them honestly. We appreciate your time.
1. Are you: Between ages 10-20
Between ages 21-50
Over 50 Years Old
2. Which of the following words do you think of when you hear the term “elders”?
3. Your 70 year old grandma is living on her own and is in failing health. She asks to move in with you. What is your reaction?
a. Yes, but with rules
b. No, but I will help financially
c. I wish I could help, but I am not able to
d. Absolutely, I will do anything to help
4. Evidence shows that as people get older their reflexes become worse. Would you require people over the age of 60 to retake their drivers test every five years at the cost of taxpayers even if a majority of these people would feel disrespected?
5. You are asked to spend a full weekend with your grandparents or older adults. Your first reaction to this would be……
a. This would be an opportunity to learn
b. This is time that could be better spent
c. I will do it, but reluctantly
d. I will do anything to get out of this
6. For someone to qualify in your mind to be considered an elder, they would have to ….
a. Have reached the age of 60 and beyond
b. Physically appear older
c. Have a formal education
d. Have had success in their career
7. Would you support a 5% tax increase that would go towards an increase in Social Security and medical benefits towards Senior Citizens?