Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Advancement Operations serves as a senior member of the advancement team responsible for managing and maintaining the integrity of the Raiser’s Edge database while supporting the areas of advancement services, prospect management, research and report generation. This position provides leadership, direction, strategy and coordination for the operational portion of the advancement office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day advancement database operations of the School. The Director works closely with advancement staff to formulate, implement and supervise collective strategies, polices and procedures to support the fundraising operation and ensure continued support through effective gift recording, prospect development and stewardship.
• Uses the database as an effective tool for prospect management, tracking and stewardship and provides advice and strategy regarding key assigned donors and prospects.
• Work in close coordination with the leadership, annual and major gift staff to develop and assist with the execution of advanced appeal strategies and provide ongoing, dynamic tracking reports.
• Ensures productive research function through the ongoing discovery, engagement and forward movement of prospects through the on-going cycle of giving.
• Oversees the creation and ongoing updates to development policies and procedures for the office environment, gift accounting, research and stewardship.
• Maintains the integrity of database records through creation and implementation of structures and systems.
• Designs, optimizes and runs reports that support strategic constituent engagement and fundraising efforts. Streamlines production of campaign reports and presents statistics on fundraising priorities.
• Meets regular national reporting standards and requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience in fundraising systems, analysis, processes and/or prospect management; previous experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred
• High level of attention to detail with a critical degree of accuracy regarding data entry and analysis
• Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to prioritize work and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
• Ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues and volunteers
• Strong commitment to The Baldwin School mission and support of a private single-sex education
• Solid understanding of a) strategic, synergistic approaches in fundraising and b) the role of research, stewardship and advancement services as key partners in a successful development operation
• The ability to work independently and creatively within established guidelines; a self-starter
• Willingness to work nights and weekends as neededInterested candidates, please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org