Current News Stories
The Baldwin School is proud to welcome several new members to our faculty and staff this school year. As they begin their Baldwin careers as part of our team, we look forward to these new additions sparking creativity and learning in our students.
Charles Amis – Computer Science Teacher
- Charles received a BA in Multimedia Storytelling from Hampshire College and a Master of Professional Studies in Interactive Telecommunications from New York University. He is no stranger to The Baldwin School, having taught an after school enrichment program where he developed and taught a curriculum of nine lessons for five 4th and 5th grade scholars. In addition to his roles as a workshop leader and personal programming tutor, Charles has also been the CEO and Game Designer for Artizen’s, Inc. since 2012.
Jerald Bennett – Upper School Drama Teacher, Middle School Music Teacher
- Jerald received a BA in Theater and Communications from Temple University. Bennett joins us from the Montgomery School, where he served as the Pre-K through eighth grade Music Teacher and the Middle School Drama Teacher for six years. While in these positions, he directed 4th and 5th grade choir consisting of 80 voices, performing two concerts per year, oversaw the integration of the Creative and Performing Arts after school program, and implemented the first school news broadcasting program, “Good Morning Montgomery!”
Ashley Bradley – English Teacher, Coordinator of Academic Diversity Initiatives
- Ashley holds a BA in Communications from the University of Pennsylvania and is pursuing an MA in English from Middlebury College’s Bread Loaf School of English. She joins The Baldwin School from Noble and Greenough School where she taught English, served on the on the Admissions Committee, and advised affinity groups as the Assistant Director of Diversity Initiatives.
James Buckley – Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach
- James has several years’ worth of experience in athletics, from assuming the role of Director of Athletics at Germantown Academy, where he led the Girls Basketball Team to 250 wins, to his time as the Women’s Basketball Coach at Ursinus College during which the team was named Centennial Conference Champions.
Matthew Bunn – History Teacher, Middle School
- Dr. Bunn received his B.A. in History and Philosophy from Dartmouth College, his MA in History from the University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa, and his PhD in History from the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Bunn has received several awards and fellowships for various research opportunities. He has previous experience teaching History, working as a Teaching Assistant in the Department of History at both the University of Texas and the University of Alabama, and as an Adjunct History Instructor at Central Piedmont Community College.
Claire Bunting – Manager of Enrollment Events and Student Visit Experience
- Claire received her BS in Biochemistry from the University of Glasgow in Glasgow, UK. She is no stranger to the Baldwin community as she a current parent to a Grade 10 student and she has previously worked with the Admissions team to develop and manage programs for students and their families. Her extensive event management expertise will make for a smooth transition into her new role as Manager of Enrollment Events and Student Visit Experience
Dianna Collins – Chief Enrollment Management Officer
- Dianna joins The Baldwin School from Thomas Jefferson University as an Enrollment Consultant. Prior to her position at Thomas Jefferson University, she worked with the University of the Sciences for 10 years, serving as the Associate Director of Admission, Director of Enrollment Communication, and the Executive Director of Admission and Enrollment.
Katherine Glanzmann – Pre-K/K Science, LS Science & Dream Lab Fellow
- Katherine received her BA in Science, Medicine and Technology from Union College and a Masters of Education from Cabrini College. She previously worked as a Science Explorers Instructor at Whitemarsh Elementary. She successfully utilized hands-on scientific experiments to evoke a meaningful scientific experience for 25 students during a five week after school program.
Harry Green – Cross Country Coach
- Dr. Green holds a BFA degree in Studio Art and a PhD in Ethnomusicology, both from the University of Texas at Austin. He joins us from a position as Assistant Coach at The Haverford School. Under Dr. Green’s tutelage, every member of the Varsity Team beat their personal record by at least one minute in a 5k race. In addition, Dr. Green was also the Head Cross Country Coach at Balboa High School, an inner-city high school in San Francisco, for five years. At Balboa, team members showed drastic improvement as most of them were not active runners.
Stephanie Greer – Lower School Dream Lab Coordinator
- Stephanie holds a BS in Music Technology/Music Composition and a Master of Education in Cross-cultural Teaching from National University. She joins us from Girard College where she was a Technology Integrator, a Technology Integration Specialist, and an Education Specialist/Technology Coach. She investigated and implemented STEM initiatives and opportunities. She also co-wrote a STEP UP TO STEM grant and acted as project lead to ensure grant funded STEM programs were carried through and that STEM related purchases complied with grant objectives.
Daniel Guertin – Manager of Enrollment Operations
- Daniel holds a BA in English and History from Emory University and an MA in English from Villanova University. Before joining the Baldwin School, Daniel worked as the Enrollment Management Associate at the Villanova School of Business. There, he oversaw all admissions workflow processes and admissions office operations. He also provided regular analysis on applicant, event and prospect data through scheduled and hoc reports.
Lee Hagon – Music Teacher, Upper School and 4th and 5th grade
- Lee received a Bachelor of Music from Westminster Choir College and a Master of Music from The Hartt School. Lee has years of experience directing musical groups and choirs. She was the Director of Music at Presbyterian Church, the Director of the Children’s Chorus of Springfield, the Founder and Director of the after-school chorus at Veritas Prep Charter School, and the Director of Choral Activities at Minniechaug Regional High School.
Miryam Harvey – Upper School Spanish Teacher
- Miryam received her Bachelor of Education degree from York University in Toronto, Ontario. She joins us from her position as a Spanish Teacher at Cardinal Ambrozic Catholic Secondary School. Miryam designed and developed the Spanish Language Program and taught 10th through 12th graders Spanish Language courses. She also created lessons on oral and written communications while exploring the history, literature, and culture of Spanish speaking countries.
Elizabeth Kelly – English Teacher, Middle School and 9th grade
- Dr. Kelly is an extremely accomplished educator with several years’ experience teaching English literature and language. She holds a BA in History and a Master’s in English, both from Johns Hopkins University. She also holds a Master’s in English and a PhD in English Medieval Studies from the University of Paris 4 – Sorbonne. Before joining the Upper School cohort here at Baldwin, Dr. Kelly taught English literature for grades 8 through 12 in a program for native speakers of English in a French secondary school.
Nicole Kouch – Pre-K/K Aide
- Nicole holds a BS in Arts and Urban Education from the University of Pennsylvania. She joins the Pre-K team from her previous position as an Extended Day Kindergarten Teacher at Merion Elementary School. At Merion Elementary, she worked closely with Kindergarten students in the half-day classroom in order to better prepare them for the first grade curriculum and structure. She also worked at St. Peter’s School as a Pre-K teacher where she taught and collected data to support student growth, as well as communicated with parents and caregivers through weekly emails and the school website.
Marissa Luttrell – Administrative Assistant to Director of Upper School
- Marissa holds a BS in International Business and Finance from Philadelphia University. She joins The Baldwin School from Tredyffrin/Eastown Middle School, where she was a secretary. Luttrell was tasked with the responsibility of managing the school’s annual budget, preparing monthly reports for district and board analysis, and assisting with various receptionist obligations in the main office.
James Pope – Assistant Maintenance Supervisor
- James Pope is a highly skilled facilities and maintenance technician who boasts more than 20 years of experience. He joins us from Ware Presbyterian where he was a member of “The President’s Club,” ensured that building systems operated efficiently, and was responsible for a wide variety of duties including, but not limited to, plumbing, painting carpentry, electrical repair, installation, building repair and remodeling.
Lisa Sucharski – School Store Assistant
- Lisa received a BFA degree from Saint Joseph’s University. She has most recently been a Character Attendant and Attractions Hostess at The Walt Disney Company in Lake Buena Vista, FL. In both positions, Lisa created a safe and welcoming atmosphere for guests, gained experience in the art of multitasking, and mediated conflicts and concerns among guests.
Natalie Wingerning – Registrar/College Counseling Assistant
- Natalie holds a BS from Cornell University and an MS in Urban Education from the University of Pennsylvania. She joins the Baldwin School from Southwest Leadership Academy Charter School where she was a Teach for America corps member. In addition to teaching 8th grade mathematics and science, she managed the girls’ basketball program, drastically improved the male cohort PSSA test scores, and organized grade-wide visits to multiple colleges and universities in Atlanta and Baltimore.