Current News Stories
The 2018 Student Keystone Press Awards were recently announced, and six Baldwin students were recognized for their efforts with the School's newspaper The Hourglass. These awards recognize high school and college journalism that provides relevance, integrity and initiative in serving readers.
The awards were:
- Lexi Phelan '19 – First Place, Personality Profile titled "Melissa Broder '97 Writes of Anxiety and Accomplishment in the Social Media Age"
- Siggi Turcios-Wiswe '20 – First Place, General News titled "What We Should Learn from L'Oreal Firing Munroe Bergdorf"
- Emily Thompson '18 – Second Place, Feature Story titled "We Need to Talk"
- Melia Hagino '18 – Honorable Mention, Feature Story titled "Both and Neither: The Life of A Mixed Race Student"
- Kate Park '18 – Honorable Mention, Cartoon/Graphic Illustration: "Comic Corner: A broken clock is right twice a day; Double standards; The gay agenda"
- Rhea Jain '21 – Honorable Mention, Public Service/Enterprise Package titled "Seven Everyday Things We Do that Harm the Environment"
In addition, The Hourglass staff received a Silver Medalist certificate from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association for the body of work produced Spring 2017 through Fall 2017. Congratulations!