- Click here to apply for the 2020-2021 school year
- If you are interested in applying for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact the Admissions Office
APPLICATION FEE: All applications require a non-refundable $50 application fee. While applying online, you will be prompted to enter your credit card information.
We value input from your daughter’s teachers. Please give this English recommendation form
and this math recommendation form
to your daughter’s teachers at her current school after her first marking period. Your daughter’s teachers can send the completed forms directly to the Baldwin Admissions Office
. To ensure prompt consideration of your daughter’s application, we encourage you to follow-up with your daughter’s teachers to make sure that the forms have been sent to us.
TRANSCRIPT RELEASE FORM:
Please give this form
to the Principal at your daughter’s current school after her first marking period. A transcript or official copy of your daughter’s most recent reports should be sent directly to the Baldwin Admissions Office
Students entering Grades 6-8 will spend the day with their current grade. This visit allows your daughter to meet the girls who will be her classmates, experience Baldwin’s unique learning environment and picture herself as a Baldwin girl. During the visit, students will take an English assessment. The test takes one hour and asseses comprehension and writing skills. No specific preparation is required for this test. Once we receive your daughter’s application, we will contact you to arrange a visit.
LETTER TO HEAD OF SCHOOL AND ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE:
We require applicants to submit a letter to our Head of School, Dr. Marisa Porges '96. This letter will also be shared with the Admissions Committee and should be a one-page personal statement about the applicant’s interests, activities, special experiences and hopes for the future. This letter can be sent directly to the Baldwin Admissions Office
Testing is required for all applicants entering Grades 6-12. Students must submit the results of the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT)
- code 1468 or the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
- code 390480. There are several area psychologists who administer the ISEE or SSAT individually; the websites SSAT.org
will offer locations and times of group testing.
Local Testing Services
- Center for Psychological Services, Ardmore (610) 642-4873; Paoli (610) 647-6406 (administers individual SSAT)
- Main Line Educational Services, Rosemont (610) 525-8127 (administers individual ISEE)